Send your message to lettertoyuko@gmail.com


Thursday, May 17, 2012

Journey to Ashland: 1 out of 3

It is still before 4am very early in the morning,
Thanks to my jet lag. I still keep it for five days since I came to Ashland, Oregon.
What's good about jet lag is, even though having hard time getting enough sleep, my mind and consciousness are fully awaken but still too early for my day to start. Therefore I am still in the bed with my MacBook Air on my lap.
I have to leave for San Francisco this afternoon for the Family Therapy Conference. I remember  back what's been happening for the last five days in Ashland, especially  translating Bill's first book, and more specifically what had happened last nigh when I joined his group. 
Then suddenly in the bed I was hit by a new creative thought; let's co-author the book, instead of being just Bill's book translated by some Japanese psychiatrist. What had happened last night let me realize how much stories I want to share with him and people in Japan; my own experience and men's group experience in the U.S. and in Japan, how difficult it was at first to know my own emotion and eve more difficult to express them, but yet it is possible through a right kind of work with men together to achieve the task.
If this was just a translated book by an American guy, Japanese men would say; oh, it is just for American guys and not for us Japanese, because we are culturally different. 
Actually we are not different at all. The language and cultural make-ups are different, but deep in our soul, iexactly the same blood flowing inside.

2 comments:

  1. great idea to write your and other men's experience. I great with you whole heartedly that there might be more similarity than difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great support for me that someone I know read my blog and send comments!!

    ReplyDelete